iPads and tablets have advantages in sales presentations, but not always the ones we think. I am not talking about advantages for the customer when he or she is reading the presentation all alone on an iPad, that is another matter altogether – see these two articles is you are interested:
- Sales proposals on iPads and PCs: Don’t send the slideshow (coming soon)
- Sales proposals on iPads and PCs: Don’t send the written proposal in PDF
Here, what I’m talking about are the advantages of using an iPad or a tablet in a sales meeting.
Sales presentations on iPads and tablets: The 3 advantages
- Present on your feet: No keyboard means you can hold the device with one hand and activate the screen with the other.
- One-on-one presentations: An iPad or tablet is less intrusive, more natural and less artificial than a PC
- Quick start: Tablets start up almost instantaneously. This is particularly useful in an informal sales setting; you get into a discussion somewhere where it would be inappropriate to open a computer, but you want to use visual support. With a tablet, you are in business in 10 seconds.
You will note, however, that these three advantages evaporate
- you are presenting to customers seated around a table,
- you are presenting to multiple participants: you would have to project onto an LCD screen or a video-projector, and there is no advantage to using an iPad over a PC.
That’s it! No more, no less. There are stunning presentations for iPad – here’s one of my favorites:
[youtube_sc url= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkZtRzc9rFQ width=550 rel=0 fs=1]
but they reflect the talent of the speaker, not the technology. The same thing could be achieved on a PC.
The iPad is still a great device. I’m a big fan. But with just three, fairly small advantages and some serious disadvantages (click here to find out more), iPads and tablets are not going to have a huge impact in the world of sales presentations.
But perhaps you feel differently. What’s your experience using tablets in sales presentations? Update this article by posting a comment below.
voir cet article en français: http://presentations-de-vente.com/presentations-de-vente-sur-ipad-ou-tablettes-trois-avantages