Using Presenter View is a great way to view your sales presentation with meeting notes on one computer (your laptop, for example), while your customer views the notes-free sales presentation on a different monitor, or projected on a larger screen, for example.
This post focuses on set-up Presenter view before starting your sales meeting.
Tip: For more information about to use the Presenter view during a sales meeting, see: http://newsalespresentation.com/deliver-powerpoint-sales-presentation-presenter-view
Before using Presenter view with your sales presentation
Before you can use Presenter view, do the following:
- Ensure that computer you are using for your sales presentation supports the use of multiple monitors. Most computers and laptops these days have multiple monitor support built in.
Tip: Check your computer manufacturer’s web site for up-to-date information about multiple monitor support*
Configure PowerPoint to use Presenter view with your sales presentations
Configure Powerpoint sales presentation to use Presenter view with two monitors:
- On the Slide Show tab, in the Monitors group, click Use Presenter View.
Note The Display Settings dialog box from Windows Control Panel may appear. If it does not, you have already set it up. If you still want to change the settings, see Microsoft Windows Help to locate your Windows Display Settings and follow steps 2 through 4
- In the Display Settings dialog box, on the Monitor tab, click the monitor icon that you want to use to view your meeting notes, and then select the This is my main monitor check box.
If the This is my main monitor check box is selected and unavailable, the monitor is already designated as the primary monitor. You can select only one primary monitor at a time. If you click a different monitor icon, the This is my main monitor check box is cleared and made available again.
- Click the monitor icon for the second monitor that the audience will view, select the Extend my Windows Desktop onto this monitor check box, and then click OK.
- On the Slide Show tab, in the Monitors group, ensure that the monitor on which you want the audience to see your presentation, appears in the Show On list.
Deliver your sales presentation on two monitors
PowerPoint 2007 – 2010 instructions
- In PowerPoint, under the Slide Show tab, locate the Monitors section:
- Check the box labeled Use Presenter View.
- In the Show Presentation On menu click the monitor you want the slide show presentation to appear on.
- To begin delivering your sales presentation, on the View tab, in the Presentation Views group, click Slide Show.
PowerPoint 2003 Instructions–
- In PowerPoint, on the Slide Show menu, click Set Up Show.
- Under Multiple monitors, select the Show Presenter View check box.
- In the Display slide show on list, click the monitor you want the slide show sales presentation to appear on.